Brandon was so cute he actually had his family on speaker phone to hear the propsal since they couldn't make it.
Emily's First Super Bowl
This year the Saints kicked some Colt tushie! But that was only half the fun of Sunday. The three of us went to Ed and Ruth's house for a Super Bowl party. They gave us a whole bedroom to ourselves to make "baby central" for Emily. I was able to set up her pack and play in a back bedroom that was nice and dark and quiet for her naps. Jimmy remembered to bring the ipod so that she could have white noise playing while she napped to drown out the sound of the party. Shortly after we got there Samatha (Ed's daughter) showed up with her boyfriend Brandon. Brandon we just met a few months back but he is a great guy. (Jimmy loves to hang out with Brandon because Brandon is a chef at the Disneyland resort and loves to bounce recipes and ideas off of him.) But this time getting together was special because on Saturday Jimmy had called me while I was at Robin's to let me know that Brandon had asked to see Ed and Ruth privately WITHOUT Samantha...... and all of us knew what that meant!!! So Sunday when they showed up Samanthat went in to the backyard and Brandon showed Ruth and I the ring! It was a gorgeous ring - I'm sad to say I never got a picture of it. I'll try to remember next time I see her to get a close-up. Brandon told Ruth that he wasn't going to do it that day but if she could hide it in the house. So Ruth and I went to the master bedroom and hid it. We were having a great party and all assumed we were going to just hang out and watch the game for the rest of the night. Jimmy made seared ahi tuna appetizer, Memphis spiced ribs and his chipotle potato salad. Ed and Brandon made kabobs with greek yogurt sauce. Of course there was the make you own nachos station! I mean, what makes a Super Bowl without good food and expensive commercials? Toward the end of the second quarter Brandon walks up to me and whispers in my ear. I nod my head and get up and head to the master bedroom. Jimmy says he thought this was weird but since Brandon didn't follow me that it was okay. :o) Brandon had asked me if I knew where the ring was and if I could hold on to it discreetly. After I got the ring I gave Jimmy the heads up and told him to get the camera ready to take a video. Just after The Who started playing the half time I handed the ring off to Brandon and he wrangled the entire party to the living room. Where he popped the question to Samantha!!!!!!!
Brandon was so cute he actually had his family on speaker phone to hear the propsal since they couldn't make it.
The Happy Couple 
Congratulations to Brandon and Samantha!
Brandon was so cute he actually had his family on speaker phone to hear the propsal since they couldn't make it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh! How sweet. I got choked up and I don't even know these people. Good luck to them. They look like a happy couple.
ReplyDelete