First Beach Day!!!!

What to do in Southern California on a beautiful day?!? Go to the beach!





Daddy and Emily! Love this photo!

Don't let these gorgeous pics fool you though! Who knew a quick day trip to the beach could be so different now that we're parents. First of all I completely over packed. Umbrella shade, bag of towels, large blanket, pack n' play, boppy, diaper bag, blankets for Em, breastfeeding cover, two beach chairs, ice chest, change of clothers for both Em and me, fishing poles, tackle bag. James wanted to go to a beach that was empty so that he could fish from the shore. Where did we end up? Malibu. What time did we finally get to the beach? About 1pm. Was it crowded? Yep. Did James do any fishing? Nope! Was the water cold? It was freezing! What time did we leave? 4pm. It seemed like by the time we parked, I nursed Emily, we set up "camp" and ate lunch it was time for Em to take a nap. But being in such a foreign place she wouldn't sleep. So I ended up nursing her to sleep and she slept on my lap for about 20mins until she woke up because of some noisy neighbors. And by then I was so over this day that I opted for us to go home at 4pm. I knew at the very least Emmy would sleep during the car ride home.
At least we got some cute pictures from the day! :o)

1 comment:

  1. You had me cracking up about over packing! We went to the lake last summer with some friends...We had an ice chest, huge beach blanket, a tote bag full of towels & sunscreen, boogie boards, blow up toys, pool noodles, life vests, the dog, my chair and a tent for shade...
    It's amazing how much more stuff you have to take when you have kids!!!

    ReplyDelete